Here's some advice from me on how to Minecraft.
1. Build your house into the side of a hill or mountain. It saves the resources required to actually build a house. You can add on to the outside later if you'd like.
2. Try to mine at y=12. There, you can find every type of ore and you are a block above lava. If you have glass, you can place it over the lava to provide light to your tunnel and save torches.
3. Don't use an Efficiency V diamond pickaxe in the Nether.
4. Don't craft arrows. Instead, get them from skeletons or, if possible, steal them from jungle temples.
5. When you find a nether fortress, make a wither skeleton farm SethBling style.
6. 3D anaglyph is fun.
7. Guardians suck! Better get ALL of the enchanted diamond gear.
8. /gamerule keepInventory true is your friend.
9. When fighting an enderman, aim for their crotch. They won't teleport away.
10. Play on all of my Minecraft maps I release!
I built a huge fractal known as a Sierpinski Carpet in Minecraft! This one consists of 531,441 blocks total, and has 269,297 light blue stained clay and 262,144 blue stained clay in it. Its dimensions are 729 meters by 729 meters.
Gif of the fractal from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal:
I made most of this using MCEdit. The resource pack I'm using is Sphax PureBDCraft. I got it awhile ago before resource packs existed and decided just recently to manually convert it to a resource pack, so, yeah. Hope you enjoyed!
These aren't going to be regularly posted anymore. I'm too forgetful. Again, have two.
1. Imagine for a second that Terraria has become a horror game and you have been assigned to change the soundtrack to match that.
2. Another Terraria related one: Recreate the entire Terraria soundtrack on www.patatap.com.
I write books and play Minecraft, Terraria, FEZ, and whole bunch more games. I am also interested in animation and video & audio editing.