Here's some advice from me on how to Minecraft.
1. Build your house into the side of a hill or mountain. It saves the resources required to actually build a house. You can add on to the outside later if you'd like.
2. Try to mine at y=12. There, you can find every type of ore and you are a block above lava. If you have glass, you can place it over the lava to provide light to your tunnel and save torches.
3. Don't use an Efficiency V diamond pickaxe in the Nether.
4. Don't craft arrows. Instead, get them from skeletons or, if possible, steal them from jungle temples.
5. When you find a nether fortress, make a wither skeleton farm SethBling style.
6. 3D anaglyph is fun.
7. Guardians suck! Better get ALL of the enchanted diamond gear.
8. /gamerule keepInventory true is your friend.
9. When fighting an enderman, aim for their crotch. They won't teleport away.
10. Play on all of my Minecraft maps I release!
I write books and play Minecraft, Terraria, FEZ, and whole bunch more games. I am also interested in animation and video & audio editing.